Sunday, September 27, 2009

Irish Mobiles

Today's mission:  compare phone plans, buy a mobile.


Oye.  While at first it seemed "neat" to not be pinned to the ol' blackberry, it's getting old real fast.  Must find mobile.  I've heard that you have 2 options here:  1) "pay monthly" and 2) "prepay" - both of which are self-explanatory.  For the pay monthly, I don't yet qualify as they need to see a utility bill or something official with my Ireland address on it, as well as my bank account details so they can debit my account each month. 


   

Choices, choices.

My main concern is how much it will cost for calls and texts to the U.S.  Also, I'll admit it, I've been spoiled by the multi-function blackberry.  However, the cost of a comparable phone here is ridiculously overpriced.  I know how inexpensive they are in the U.S., so I'm not really open to the idea of spending €300 on a blackberry or similar device!  Nutty.  At the same time, I am not jazzed about the idea of going back to a bare-bones basic phone with no internet, no full qwerty keypad, etc.  Yes indeed, I've been spoiled by modern office technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment