Saturday, September 19, 2009

Farewell for Now, Part I

I said a fond “farewell for now” to my dear RCR coworkers this week.  Thursday evening they surprised me with a fun night at Strike, a great bowling alley/restaurant/bar in The District in Tustin.  Standby for photos.  I have never been given a surprise party; I was very touched.  18 of my coworkers showed up and we had a blast!  We had some contenders vying for the top scores each round, but I think we would all agree that Linda B. walked away with the prize for the Best Technique!  We love you, Linda!  It was a fun night, indeed.  Thank you, everyone, for such a fun night!

On Friday, we had a very nice luncheon, catered by Zinc Cafe in Corona del Mar, one of my favorite restaurants in CDM.  Although I think I noted some initial hesitancy at the sight of healthy food and vegetables (you know who you are!), it was delicious!  More important than the food, however, were the kind comments from my coworkers.  I am honored to work with such a great group of intelligent, caring and witty people. I admire each of you.

After work on Friday, 15 of us continued the farewell down at Muldoon's in Fashion Island…shocker, right?  My coworkers insisted that I try this new drink, something about a car bomb?  I had never heard of this before, but in the spirit of good sportsmanship I had one with everyone else.  Peer pressure…geesh!  I had a great time with all of you.  Thank you again for such a fun evening, it really meant a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment