Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Birthday Fun: ISL and Cafe en Seine

A big Thank You for the birthday cards I received!  They totally made my day.  Campus mail is a bit of a delayed issue (we have to walk to the central mail room to check if we have mail...although allegedly we are supposed to have mail delivered M, W, F). Anyway, yesterday at 4:45pm i decided to walk to the mail building to check if my sisters' card arrived. To my surprise, I had 3 cards waiting for me! yippee!After class, I went with Jessica and Audrey to Cafe en Seine on Dawson Street for a birthday cocktail.  I had never been there, but have heard it's quite crowded on weekends.  Tonight it was nice and quiet.

"Happy Birthday" song in Sign Language!
Yesterday I had sign language class and it just happened to be the day when we learned calendar terms (months, days, etc.). The instructor (a lovely deaf man, i would guess in his late 50s) went around the room and asked (signing) each of us "in what month is your birthday?" and when it was my turn, i signed "november", which prompted him to ask what date... you get the picture. When i signed "today" he smiled and signed to the rest of the class to sing/sign!  So i learned how to sign the happy birthday song in ISL (irish sign language). fun!

Cafe en Seine


We split a cheese platter and Jessica and I split a bottle of wine.  Yummy.

Thanks for hanging out on my birthday, girlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment