Monday, November 2, 2009

Reunited and It Feels So Good


My dear Foreign Extra Stout, we finally meet again.  It's been over 2 years since we first met at the Guinness Storehouse, more specifically the Source Bar on the 5th floor.  Until I met you in 2007, I naively thought there was only 1 type of Guinness beer, but I was happily wrong.  I learned that there are a few varied relatives in your Guinness family, but I liked you the best.  I have missed you.  I understand that you are not available in the States but only in Africa, the Caribbean, Asia and parts of Europe (maybe that's why I miss you so - absence makes the heart grow fonder?); I've been patient in getting the chance to meet you again and now that day is finally here.

I found you today at Dunne's and decided to buy 2 of you - I knew 1 would be enough at first, but I thought I might need another study break at some point, so I brought 2 of you home with me.  I love your unique character, your airy foam, your slight coffee aroma and your added hops.  You're a tad bitter, but in a good Guinness way. 

It's good to hold you again.  Thanks for sticking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment