Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DUISS Film: No Country for Old Men

This week's ISS film was No Country for Old Men, a Coen Brothers adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's book.  The film stars Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin.

I'm probably the last person on the planet who had not seen this, right?  I liked it.  A definite Coen brothers flick, it certainly kept my attention.  Just a tad bit too violent for the kidlets to watch.  While everyone gave great performances, Javier Bardem's character was especially creepy.

don't want to meet this guy in a dark alley.

When the credits ran at the end, I sat there for a minute trying to figure out the ending.  I walked home trying to figure out the ending.  I have a few ideas, but must admit I'm not 100% certain which one makes the most sense.  Hhmmm.  Perhaps I will watch it again one day and that will help me decide.

Here is a great Charlie Rose episode wherein he interviews the Coen brothers as well as Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin.  Here is the trailer.

If you've seen it, what are your thoughts?  Likey?  No likey? 

No comments:

Post a Comment