Sunday, January 17, 2010

Brothers

Every month or so, the IFI sends an email to members offering 2 free tickets to a film screening.  The tickets go fast, so you probably don't get tickets if you don't see the IFI email within 2 hours. 

I was studying on my laptop when the email popped up (just like with The Edge screening!), so I entered my details on their website, then immediately received an email back, confirming my 2 tickets.  Definitely an excellent way to celebrate the end of exams!

The film was Brothers.  (You've probably caught on by now that films are released a lot earlier in the U.S. than Ireland and other countries...).  Have any of you seen it?  I thought it was brilliant.  After the film ended, I wondered what my military friends back home thought of this portrayal.

Aside from being insanely attractive, Jake Gyllenhall gave a great performance.  Natalie Portman and Tobey Maguire also gave fine performances.

Have you seen Brothers?  Thoughts?

After the film, Juliette and I ate lunch upstairs at the IFI, then went to St. Stephen's Green to look at dresses for Trinity Ball, "The Biggest Party in Europe" - only 3 months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment