Sunday, January 3, 2010

Soho Restaurant, Dublin

Tonight I had dinner with Jessica at SoHo Restaurant on S.Great George's Street, just a few blocks from campus.  It was delicious!  I pass by this restaurant all the time, as it is next to the Dunne's market I usually go to. 

I ordered the celeraic and glazed beetroot soup, which was served nicely hot along with 2 pieces of warm-ish bread. I swear the bread had a slight anise flavor to it, but I forgot to ask. Good size bowl of soup for €6.50.  Jessica ordered the mussels starter but said they were a tad too salty. I think the mussels were around €9.  We split dessert, which was fantastic. A berry and cream layered dessert with a caramel-cookie-ish-crumbly mixture...yummm! €6.50 for dessert seemed a bit much, but it was enough for two to split so I guess it wasn't outrageous.
holy yumminess!

I would recommend this place if you're visiting Dublin.  Nice atmosphere, good food, average prices, right in city centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment