Friday, January 8, 2010

The Edge is in the Building!



Yes, you read that correctly - The Edge from U2.  (Susie, Lexi, other U2 friends, if you're asking if the big "B" was there, the answer is sadly no.)


Wednesday afternoon I was sitting at my desk studying when an IFI email popped up, stating the following:


"The IFI is delighted to announce that The Edge will attend a special preview charity screening of Davis Guggenheim's film It Might Get Loud, along with other special guests, tomorrow evening. All proceeds go to Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin."


I quickly clicked the link, bought a ticket and emailed Jessica to see if she wanted to join me.  She emailed back right away and also booked her ticket!  Yay!  We were official ticket holders to see The Edge in person.


 
I had actually already seen this movie on an airplane recently - I really liked the movie and was excited to see it again with The Edge introducing it.


Susie and Lexi, I got to the IFI 45 min early just in case The Edge's "friend" was hanging around.  Sorry to report that he was not, although I did see photos of him and The Edge that were reportedly taken last night at the premiere.  It looked like they were on one of the side streets near the IFI - I'm sorry I missed him!

But just to prove that I was there, here are some (unfortunately very dark) photos of The Edge from last night's screening.  He introduced the film for a few minutes (he was quite funny) and then sat 5 rows in front of me to the right. 

 

I have a video of him as well, but I haven't taken time to learn how to attach it to my blog (rachel, help?), so for now you just get to imagine.

After the film, we had dinner in the IFI cafe.  Oddly enough (ha ha), The Edge was also dining in the IFI cafe, in the upstairs area.  As we weren't VIP, we weren't allowed up there.  I dined on some healthy fried mushrooms while eyeing the upstairs area, hoping he would walk back down the main stairwell next to our table when he left.  There must be a back stairwell, because when the upstairs emptied, he was nowhere to be seen.
I seriously felt ill after eating these grease bombs.
See what sacrifices I make in the name of Edge spotting?!

All good fun.  Now it's time to seriously buckle down with studying.  My first exam is on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment