Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Mobile! ...and awesome new restaurant.

I admit it again, I have been spoiled by modern technology.

Last week I signed up with O2 mobile phone company and purchased this phone:

I liked it better instore.  I liked it for the full qwerty and the "touch screen". 
However, after a few days I realized it wasn't very finger friendly and the touch screen was only limited to the number keypad.
Lame.


I then had phone-envy after seeing my friend Laura's phone.  However, it's from Vodafone, which means I would need to not only return my phone, but also switch mobile companies.  Selling point:  Vodafone had recently changed their calling rates to the U.S.:  15c per minute!  Compared to O2's 35c per minute, this made me very happy.  So here's my new phone:


Me likey.  100% touchscreen.

Added perk:  Because I switched companies, Vodafone gave me €20 toward a new phone plus €120 toward monthly credit for top-ups (€10 per month).  Not too shabby.  Thanks to Laura for the suggestion!  (and thank you, O2, for letting me return my phone 1 day past the 7 day return policy...)

I then took a walk around town in a further attempt to get to know all the little side streets.  I passed Shebeen Chic, which I recognized from the DU Food and Drink society.  We have some sort of discount there, so I decided to grab a quick bite to eat.

Aside from the delicious tomato, red onion and goat cheese tart and the complimentary glass of wine (thanks to my DU Food and Drink member card ...even though nobody at the restaurant knew what the discount was, they decided to just give me a glass of wine as the discount.  no complaints here.), I loved this place.  Very vintage-y, bohemian feel to it.  Velour sofa.  Random books piled on shelves.  Old chandeliers, some of them quite tattered.  A torn lampshade off-center.  A little nook for live music.  It just has a great feel to it.  It's a very long and narrow place, with another entrance to the back, across from Stag's Head pub.  (CA girls, it kinda reminds me a tad of Gypsy Den - ?  with added flair.  ha ha)


(Shebeen Chic...as if you couldn't tell from the photo above...)

No comments:

Post a Comment