Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sign Language Class

So in addition to my LLM classes, I decided to take Sign Language Class after I stopped by and chatted with the folks at the Sign Language Society table during Fresher's Week.

I've always been interested in learning sign language, so I figure this is my chance.  I remember there was a sign language class offered at a community college near my apartment, but of course I never signed up for it.  ha ha.

This class is only once per week, for 1.5 hours.  The course is taught by a deaf man and we learn by things he writes on the whiteboard as well as from handouts he gives us at the end of class.  It's quite an experience sitting in a completely silent classroom, depending only on your eyes to learn.  I'm excited for the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment